Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On the Road



I recently finished reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac. Afterwards I wished I could have hitchhiking adventures and travel the whole country with no limitations or thoughts of the future or of obligations, and live of wild life of power and passion! Then I made this pattern :) 


"... the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!'"

5 comments:

  1. woah I never pictured On the Road to be so happy! O_O I like your version better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful textile design!!!! The colors match your "ana carmichael" thing at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are perfect! I really didn't think I was going to like that book but it surprised me. I'd also love to go hitchhiking but I think we'd need a time machine first to go back to a less dangerous time for hitchhikers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, I love how tiny the wheels are!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute Annie! We can travel together! You can travel anywhere you want to go. Don't let the stings of this life pull you down and lock you to the ground. I want to go to the DR, Israel, Russia, Africa, the world! :D I will see these places and you're more than welcome to come with me. :D You should come visit me in Orlando. <3

    ReplyDelete