Thursday, November 1, 2012

So today is the fourth day I've been home from work after the hurricane. I am so grateful that my Brooklyn neighborhood is mostly unharmed. Since I'm stuck at home, I've been trying to figure out what to do with so much free time.

So far, I've spent half of each morning thinking in bed. 


I haven't gone running.


Anyways, I heard the park is still closed.. I think. 

Instead I've eaten a lot. 


And I've had like 6 glasses of wine.



And I've probably gained 5 pounds.

I've also been obsessively checking my emails to find out if I have to go to work tomorrow.


Sometimes I hope I do have to go in.

Sometimes I hope I don't.

To cure restlessness, I walk around my neighborhood for like 2 hours everyday. I usually end up buying more food. 


But really, it's been such a pleasure to have some time to myself to draw, read, write letters to friends, and reflect on how lucky my situation is here in Park Slope. 

I plan on going running tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment